Welcome to Grand Ledge Area Youth Cheer (GLAYC)
Practices / Games
- Practice for all grades start August 16, 6:00 to 8:00 P.M. ( Monday - Thursday for the first two weeks)
- Please visit Dates for Football & Cheer to obtain all the important dates
- Coaches will determine practice days & times (usually 2-3 days a week & 1 ½ hr long)
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th Grade Cheer will cheer for their football team(s) on Saturday. Schedule TBD.
- 7th Grade Cheer will cheer for both 7th grade football teams on Tuesday evenings. Schedule TBD.
- 8th Grade Cheer will cheer for both 8th grade football teams on Wednesday evenings. Schedule TBD.
- First Week of Cheer
- On first day of practice, please meet for a Parent Meeting and team assignments at Marsh Field by the concession stand area. (Marsh Field is opposite the Neff school on Jenne Street.)
- For all 3rd-8th grade cheerleaders a bow, skirt, shell, warmup pants and jacket are supplied by GLAYF and are required to be returned at the end of the season.
- Uniforms and warmups will be handed out at a practice
Additional Items Required for Purchase
- All grades: A white mock turtleneck (bodysuit or not), and navy blue bloomers can be purchased at the time of registration.
- All grades need a pair of plain white shoes. Please try to avoid hard ridge on bottom if your daughter will be flying (up in mount) as it is uncomfortable for the bases. Supportive/ athletic shoes are suggested due to conditioning (running, etc)
Volunteers & Coaching
Each cheer squad will need a coach and team parent! This is a great opportunity to help and get to know the other parents and girls.
If you have specific team or coach requests (such as a specific person she would like to be paired with for transportation issues or a football team to follow for family reasons) we will do our best to honor one request per child.
- Coaching Applications are due by Sunday, July 25, 2022 before 11:00 P.M.
- Please see Coaches page to register for a head-coaching position
Please contact Lacey Bull with any questions, concerns, or if you are interested in coaching at [email protected]