Weclome to Grand Ledge Area Youth Cheer (GLAYC)
Practices / Games
- Practice for all grades start: August 11, 2014 ( Monday - Thursday for the first two weeks)
- Coaches will determine practice days & times (usually 2-3 days a week & 1 ½ hr long)
- One game a weekend (Saturday or Sunday) for the duration of the season
- Games begin Sept: September 6-7, 2014
- Reminder that cheer parents are responsible for the 50/50 raffle ticket selling at home games
Cheer Equipment Pick-up, Time 6:30 - 8:30 P.M. @ Marsh Field
- 8th grade equipment pickup – July 21st
- 7th grade equipment pickup – July 23rd
- 6th grade equipment pickup – July 28th
- 5th grade equipment pickup – July 30th
- 4th grade equipment pickup – August 4th
- All GRADES that missed their open dates – August 6th
- The skirt and shell is supplied by GLAYF
Parents are Required to Purchase
- 4/5th grade: white mock turtleneck (bodysuit or not) and navy blue bloomers and sweat suit purchased thru 1st Place Sports
- 6th 7th grade: gold mock turtleneck (bodysuit or not) and gold bloomers and sweat suit purchased thru 1st Place Sports
- 8th grade: white mock turtleneck (bodysuit or not) and gold bloomers. Track pants come with uniform. Teams may order track jackets.
- All grades need plain white shoes. Please try to avoid hard ridge on bottom if your daughter will be flying (up in mount) as it is uncomfortable for the bases. Supportive shoes are suggested due to conditioning (running, etc).
Volunteers & Coaching
Each cheer squad will need a team parent! This is a great opportunity to help and get to know the other parents and girls.
If you have specific team or coach requests (such as a specific person she would like to be paired with for transportation issues or a football team to follow for family reasons) we will do our best to honor one request per child.
4th/5th/6th Grade Representative: Sandra Prince: