This page updated May 14, 2016.
Weclome to Grand Ledge Area Youth Cheer (GLAYC)
Practices / Games
- Practice for all grades start: August 8, 2016, 6:00 to 8:00 P.M. ( Monday - Thursday for the first two weeks)
- Please visit "Dates for Football & Cheer" to obtain all the important dates
- Coaches will determine practice days & times (usually 2-3 days a week & 1 ½ hr long)
- One game a weekend (Saturday or Sunday) for the duration of the season
- Reminder that cheer parents are responsible for the 50/50 raffle ticket selling at home games
- First Week of Cheer
- On first day of practice, please meet by the cheer equipment shed for team assignments
- The skirt and shell is supplied by GLAYF
- Parents: It typically cost another $90.00 to $150.00 to participate in cheer as it does in football
Parents are Required to Purchase
- 4th grade: white mock turtleneck (bodysuit or not) and navy blue bloomers and sweat suit purchased thru 1st Place Sports
- 5th grade: white mock turtleneck (bodysuit or not) and navy blue bloomers and sweat suit purchased thru 1st Place Sports
- 6th grade: gold mock turtleneck (bodysuit or not) and gold bloomers and sweatshirt purchased thru 1st Place Sports. Sweat pants will be provided and must be returned
- 7th grade: gold mock turtleneck (bodysuit or not) and gold bloomers. Track pants/jackets will be provided and must be returned
- 8th grade: gold mock turtleneck (bodysuit or not) and gold bloomers. Track pants/jackets will be provided and must be returned
- All grades need plain white shoes. Please try to avoid hard ridge on bottom if your daughter will be flying (up in mount) as it is uncomfortable for the bases. Supportive shoes are suggested due to conditioning (running, etc).
Volunteers & Coaching
Each cheer squad will need a team parent! This is a great opportunity to help and get to know the other parents and girls.
If you have specific team or coach requests (such as a specific person she would like to be paired with for transportation issues or a football team to follow for family reasons) we will do our best to honor one request per child.
- Coaching Applications are due by June 10, 2016 before 5:00 P.M.
- Please see "Coaches' Corner, Football & Cheer" to register for a head-coaching position
4th/5th/6th Grade Representative: Michelle Nauta: email@example.com
7th & 8th Grade Representative: Sandra Prince: Sandralprince@yahoo.com